Sunday, April 14, 2013

Liam- 8 Months


Firsts
-lots of new foods- squash, green beans, carrots
-getting up on all fours and rocking
-kind of sitting with some occasional assistance
-interacting with Colby


Biggest Achievement: sleeping through the night. Yea! Finally. Liam sleeps from 8-6:30. It is so nice. Then he'll eat and go back to sleep until 7 or 8. And breaking that dreaded swaddle I thought he would never get out of. I thought he may have to have his wife swaddle him to sleep.

Liam was dedicated at church this month. It was such a sweet ceremony of pledging to raise him to know and love the Lord. Adam's parents came for the weekend to help us celebrate.



The service apparently tired him out. He slept the second part after his debut.

Sizes: Mostly 6-12 months. He outgrew a lot of his closet this month

Feeding: We realized the key to sleeping through the night is getting enough food in the day. So, we feed him every 3-4 hours. In the morning and at night he eats 8 ounces and during the day 4-6 ounces. He also eats solids once or twice a day. I make most of his purees. His favorites are sweet potatoes and avocados.


Schedule: We are finally on a pretty good schedule. We bathe him every night with soaping every other night. He goes to sleep at 7:30 and sleeps until 6. Then eats. Then will sleep a while longer. He usually goes down again after he's been awake and 1 or 2 and sleeps for 45 minutes. We still try to get out more during the afternoon so his afternoon nap is usually on the go. I'm guessing that will change a bit soon. It's hard to tie myself down because he is really so good and hardly ever gets fussy. I know every baby is different, but Liam will go sometimes all day long without ever crying. He fusses a little then settles after you get whatever need he has. But we can go a whole day without ever having tears. I realize I'm very lucky.

We went to Nashville to celebrate Aunt Sachie's 30th birthday. The whole family convened there. It was a wonderful weekend celebrating Rachel.



Coffee with Uncle CC before we headed home

Like mommy: likes to cuddle
Like daddy: loves to be outside. Any time he gets bored inside all we have to do is step out on the porch or go for a walk.


Sleeping: Finally! I have no complaints! He still only naps twice to three times daily for 45 minutes but I get to sleep through the night! It's amazing.




Biggest Challenge: This has been a pretty easy month. After he figured out that sleeping through the night thing, we were set. He's about to be mobile though, so that comes with its own set of challenges.

Liam loves to sit outside on a blanket. The weather has been beautiful lately, so we've been in the backyard a lot. Colby is of course always right there.

Aunt Sache came into town for work, so we got to see her twice this month. Morning snuggles.


Liam was pooped after all day shopping with Rachel and me. He conked out right in the middle of the hustle and bustle of H&M

Liam's Favorite: being held, sitting outside, walks, his exersaucer, baths




My aunt Sue and uncle John came through Atlanta and stayed with us a night. I loved having them here to see my baby. They mean so much to me, so I loved him spending time with us and Liam.



Mommy's favorite: the smile I get when I go get him out of his crib from the night or a nap. He snuggles right into my neck

Daddy's favorite: echoing sounds back and forth. He mimics what we do.




Granddaddy and Mimi were here for a weekend and it happened to be Granddaddy's birthday, so we had a little celebration.

No comments: