Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas in Raleigh

Here comes the obligatory Christmas post. We had a great time in Raleigh! I swear I ate 3 gallons of Russion Tea and ate 2 pounds of toffee! After we left Vail with my family, we got home around 2 am Friday (Sat morning) and I worked Saturday and Sunday. We left again Monday morning! Talk about not being home much in December! We wouldn't trade a minute though. This is our REAL tree in Vail. I love real Christmas trees. Sigh.

Once we got to Raleigh, Adam's cousins Matt and Jen hosted some family at their house for a delicious dinner and games. We chose Tripoly. Of course I got the dream hand once other people started showing up. We stopped the game and I thought I might scream if we didn't get to finish. Luckily and by my begging, we played my last hand and it was awesome! Best Tripoly hand ever! Can't you see the competition in our faces?

This picture on at the Christmas celebration for Adam's Mom's side of the family. These are cousins Liz and Krystle. We drew names for gifts, had a great meal, and chatted all day. I really like drawing names instead of just bringing a random gift. I drew Adam's cousin Marcy and she requested books. Awesome! My favorite gift to give! I'm big into getting a gift for someone that she really wants instead of something that will end up in a drawer. Also, I think I realized this Christmas I may have a secondary love language next to quality time. Gifts. I really like and appreciate gifts that are well thought out and purposeful. Adam says it's similar to quality time because it is "quality" and you know they spent "time" thinking about it. I'm buying it.


Kathy and I got pictures with our initials. Now all the cousins on this side have the same frame.

We went to the Christmas Eve service at the church where my in-laws met and we members for years and years.


Our pretty Christmas tree at Andrew's house.

Christmas morning while we are opening gifts and stockings. Yes, Adam is wearing my Snuggie.


Thank you Andrew for being a gracious host and allowing us to take over your house!! We had such a good time with Adam's parents and brother just hanging out. They made my first Christmas away from my family wonderful! Thanks for joining my Christmas journey. The End.

No comments: