Thursday, December 3, 2009

Thanksgiving and Highview Olympics

Thanksgiving was oh so wonderful. It was like most, a lot to be thankful for. We did it typical Lundeen style and were very busy but it was relaxing at the same time. We ate a lot, visited friends, of course had Schmaltz's (my favorite restaurant in the world), spent a lot of time at our ranch Highview, went to Baylor basketball games, drove the tractor, and just had fun together.

We had 3 dogs at home, so that made it very interesting. I used to think it was so funny when families multiplied their dogs at holidays because all their kids brought their's own home. Well, now it is us! I wish I had more pictures but we did not do very well in that department this time. Colby had a great time at Highview running around and swimming in the pond. We have been to the vet since we got home due to thorns in the foot and an ear infection. $15o later we are on the mend. :) On a side note, anyone gets a dog because they are not that expensive in the beginning like a free dog or small donation price is absolutely kidding themselves. I am all about the humane society and adopting dogs in foster care, but all dogs are expensive. We go to the vet about every other month and never get out of there for under $100. Maybe my dog is just prone to accidents but holy cow they are pricey. But I love him so it's totally worth it. Jumping off soap box. Anyway, Thanksgiving was wonderful.

We had the Highview Olympics on Saturday. We played washers, corn hole, fished, had plans for a handstand contest which never ended up happening (I had it in the bag), and did other fun things. Chris was of course hesitant, but I think he just thought we were losers in the end. Mom won fishing. Look at that huge fish!!
If you can belive it, Adam also caught a fish he says is smaller than this one. I didn't see it. It was great to just be outdoors. I am an outside girl. Not like adventurous but just being outside, even if it's reading my book. Fun time at home. I love being with my family. Luckily, we only said goodbye for two weeks. We are off to Vail next week!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

now remember that was a bad camera angle??!!

LB said...

I am glad you said that about the dog. There were free puppies this past weekend--black lab and something else mixed--so cute. And Scott could not understand why we couldn't take one home--they were free, he said. I was like, please can we wait until I am not third trimester pregnant before we take on a puppy. It would be like two new babies at once. Anyway...that just hit home b/c of that conversation with Scott this past weekend.