Sunday, August 22, 2010

Moving!

Adam and I bought a house! What a way to celebrate our second anniversary! It was a seamless process. We are finally feeling more settled and are so excited to be in OUR house.

Moving is always interesting. For some strange reason, we thought it would be a good idea to have a yard sale in the morning then start moving at noon. What? I know. Brilliant. But, we did get it down (with TONS of help) and I think I collapsed into bed falling asleep before my head hit the pillow that night. I will say, real friends come out of the woodwork when you move. I know we have loyal friends, but some go so far above loyal it is ridiculous. I am not nearly as good of friend to these as they are to me. Lauren, Charlie, Chris Hope, and Nails helped us quite literally all day in sweltering heat. I have never been so thankful for them. We also had more that helped us pack (yuck), carry, organize, etc moving day and over the next few days. I feel as though I need to list them: Don, Rachel, Megan, Jono, Drew, Jill, Drew, and Anna. I know I will forget someone. If it's you, I appreciate you too! It was great fellowship and we really, REALLY appreciate all the help. True friends help you even when the work is absolutely terrible. I am grateful for each of them. I hope I can do as much for them as they have for us.

Here's Rachel helping at our old house. She is a super mover and I appreciate her coming to help us and do lots of packing and unpacking.


Charlie and Lauren unpacking the kitchen. No time to smile for the camera. These guys rock.


I rented a monstrosity of a Uhaul. It was the same price as the smaller one, so why not? Adam makes fun of me because,"She's from Texas, of course everything bigger is better!"

Colby generally following us and just wanting to be part of the excitement.


Adam's dad and Adam planning and reflecting on moving day. Don was mostly in charge of the yard sale, which I would say was a huge success. He also did tons of moving stuff and setting up at the house. He also built us a rockin firewood shed. And packed and moved the basement.


Thank you for your friendship movers and packers. We are blessed.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

We were happy to help! We LOVE you guys!!!

Jessica said...

I need to see pictures of the house!!