We arrived in San Francisco at about 12:00 so we of course went straight to lunch after checking in at our hotel. Traveling is about the food, right??? This trip kind of snuck up on us, so I researched on the 5 hour plane ride there. Nothing like the last minute. We started at Hog Island Oysters on the water. Holy amazingness. This was wonderful. We got oysters and chowder. Yum.
Next we had to work off our lunch, so we biked around San Francisco and across the Golden Gate bridge to Salsalito. It was very fun but HARD. I was not nearly prepared enough for how difficult it was and I was channeling "nervous Tom" and was afraid we were going to miss the last ferry back to San Fran. No way I could bike back over that thing!
Also, when I thought this would be such a good idea, I forgot I'm not a very good biker and AFRAID OF HEIGHTS! The Golden Gate bridge is HIGH. This was as close to the edge as I was getting. Looks like I was channeling my father yet again with the heights thing. Thanks Dad.
We had a casual dinner in Fisherman's Wharf and turned in early.

2 comments:
I'm so glad you all had a great time! We loved San Francisco, too. I wish we could have biked more. I know what you're saying about learning about people when you travel--travelling this summer really helped me and Kevin strengthen our relationship. I can't wait to see more pictures from your trip!
This makes me so excited! Charlie said your hair cut was really cute, and it is! I love it! Can't wait to read the rest of the installments.
Post a Comment