Thursday, September 22, 2011

San Francisco: Day 2

 

We started day 2 with a trolley ride to breakfast.

 

Breakfast at Buena Vista for the famous Irish Coffee and a crab omelet. Yum.


Then Adam got put in jail. Just kidding. Next stop, Alcatraz!

They have an audio tour that takes you around the island and tells stories about the prisoners who were there. The tour was really interesting and I learned a lot. What a spooky place. It's so odd because San Francisco looks so close and like you could get back really easily. I'm sure that was part of the awful part for the prisoners. 




After Alcatraz we went to Scoma's for lunch/dinner at the recommendation of my dad. It was really good with tons of fresh seafood. The restaurant is situated on a dock in the bay. Great setting, great food. Then we walked pretty much around all of San Francisco- Chinatown, the Castro, Fisherman's Wharf, Nob Hill, Russian Hill, Lombard Street and I'm sure many more.



Snack in Fisherman's Wharf.

 We ended the evening at Bourbon & Branch. What a fun bar! It's in a nondescript building with a doorbell that I was pretty sure was a residential walk up. A man dressed in a 1920s getup answered the door and asked us if we knew the password. Um no? Can we still come in? Really cool place with awesome drinks. I would recommend it to anyone. I didn't have a picture so this is from the website, but it doesn't do it justice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the pics and I love your short hair!