Friday, January 6, 2012

Costa Rica

Our family had a non-traditional Thanksgiving this year. We headed to Costa Rica! It was beautiful and so so fun. Rachel, Chris, Mom and Dad all got there on Wednesday. Adam and I came in on Thursday morning. The flight is so easy and we were there by 1 o'clock! We went straight to zipline. Dad had planned to be the photographer since he is crazy afraid of heights. Well, when he learned how long we were going to be gone, he reluctantly agreed to come. I think he was glad he did! He was hilariously hugging the trees on the platforms because those were the most scary part. Who am I kidding, I'm also afraid of heights! I'm so glad we did it though. Once mom figured out she didn't have to hold herself up to not fall, I think she enjoyed it too.





The beach was beautiful but very rocky. It was a short ride or 1 mile walk down from our hotel on a mountain.



One day we went to Manuel Antonio National park and saw lots of wildlife and a beautiful beach. The three toed sloth was Adam's favorite.


People apparently come from all over Costa Rica to our hotel to see the sunset. It was gorgeous!!


One of the major themes of our trip was food. We ate like royalty. I think we had seafood every single meal. Fine by us. Yum!



On the last morning we hiked down to the water with hopes of seeing wildlife early in the morning. We helped Rachel get on the bus for the airport at 6am then walked to the ocean with mom and dad. I really wanted to see a macaw and was so glad we finally did. Beautiful.

My mom was showing off her shell collection she left for other tourists to enjoy. :) It was a great trip! Thanks Mom and Dad for all the adventure you provide for us! Love you!

No comments: