What a fun day this was! I knew I would learn a lot but to be honest I was dreading it a bit because I didn't think I would be able to do any wine tasting. We had about an hour discussion about wines in the area and what to look for then on to tasting. Lucky for me, the best way to taste wine is to drink it then spit it in carafes, so your palette is cleansed between each wine. Score! So I got to taste and spit and it wasn't even bad manners! Mom took extensive notes. She's apparently trying to teach dad something I think.
Mom ready to start
The whole group
Sampling of wine with Mom's notes
Barbie checking for clarity of a white wine
Pretty much captures how I saw Mom most of the trip
Smelling is an important step in this tasting process
The beautiful winery where we spent the day. The people who owned the chateau we stayed at also own this winery. It's gorgeous. And this was the only day it rained. Perfect! It was supposed to rain every day the whole trip and only rained on the one day we were inside.
Getting our lesson


No comments:
Post a Comment