Friday, March 15, 2013

Liam- 7 Months

Another month has come and gone. On February 27th, Liam turned 7 months. Man, I love this baby. At first we didn't want to jinx ourselves saying what a great baby he is, but he truly is so good. He goes with the flow and is happy to be on the move.






I don't have any stats this month since we didn't go to the pediatrician. But he's growing. Trust me.


Firsts:
-trip to Waco and meeting everyone there
-Baylor basketball game with my parents
-sitting...kind of
-2 teeth, bottom middle
-first foods- tried peas first (he hated them), bananas, sweet potatoes, and avocado (his favorite), rice and millet cereal
-sippy cup- he's not very good at it


 Sweet pea still spits up a lot. I thought this was a great catch :)


Biggest Achievement: I would say food. I've been making it at home and it's really fun. I like trying to find things he will like and making sure it's healthy. It's actually really easy to make too.

 Liam still likes all my baby carriers

 On a walk in Waco at the river. We borrowed all the Ressetar's gear, who have 3 girls. Rocking the pink.

 Baylor Lady Bears basketball game

 My mom had a sip and see in Waco for all her friends. We loved showing him off. :) He was a rock star!


Sizes: Mostly 3-6 months with some 6 month thrown in. Sizes vary so much but he's at the large end of most his clothes now.


Feeding: Liam still eats 6-7 bottles a day, with one being in the middle of the night. We are having a terrible time dropping that one. I quit breastfeeding this month. It was bittersweet. I'm happy to be finished but also a little sad. It just never really went well for us. He eats cereal at around 10 am and 1 cube of food and usually another meal around 4, usually 2 cubes.


Schedule: We are starting to get on more of a schedule this month. Liam wakes up between 7 and 8 in the morning a drinks a bottle. Just like his mom, he doesn't like to eat breakfast right when he wakes up. He needs a little time to wake up. Then he and I play in his room or we watch the Today Show. He goes back down at 10ish for 45 minutes. Then we eat lunch and go for a walk or run some errands or visit friends. We like to get out in the afternoons. He naps in his car seat or stroller. Another bottle when we get home and play on his play mat or exersaucer. He loves both right now. He's kind of hard to keep on his play mat because he rolls a lot. Then bedtime at 7-8.


Like mommy- Liam takes a while to wake up in the morning and from naps
Like daddy- Loves being thrown in the air or held up high. Scary for mommy


Sleeping: Ugh. This was a tough month for sleeping. Liam wakes up several times at night and has a hard time going back to sleep. He sometimes wakes up 3 times. So tired! He has such a sweet little face in the middle of the night. If it wasn't for that, we'd have issues. He only naps 45 minutes at a time. Any suggestions??

 He discovered his tongue this month

Biggest Challenge: Sleeping. not even a close second.


Mommy's favorite: For sure his laugh. He really started giggling this month. He laughs when I make high pitched noises or wiggle my head a lot. It is crazy cute.
Daddy's favorite: Liam reaching for daddy to pick him up

Fun month. He changes daily! We love our little pumpkin more than ever imagined possible.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is the cutest and I love his tie shirt! Makes him look so grown up and adorable:)!!

LB said...

he's so cute!! And 7 months of nursing is great, especially if he didn't naturally take to it!! So, did you use lots of different baby carriers with him? I would love for you to do a review of the ones you used, which ones you preferred, etc. You know, with all that free time you have to take writing requests ;)