Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Liam- 9 months

Since we are quickly approaching 10 months, here's our 9 month info.



Stats:
Length: 28.5 in (48%)
Weight: 18 lb 12 oz (30%)
Head circumference: 18 in  (67%)


Firsts:
-Atlanta visit from Grandpa Eelkema
-sitting on his own
-many new foods
-Braves game of the season
-riding in the big boy seat in the stroller
-rolling both ways
-adding many squeals and noises to his speech
-Easter
-time in the church nursery
-2 top teeth


Biggest Achievement: Sitting. For the most part, Adam and I do a good job of knowing Liam will be behind since he was a preemie. I was really anxious for the sitting though since I thought he was quite a bit behind in that area. When we went for his appointment his pediatrician was not at all concerned and said he is right on track whether he was a preemie or not, so that eased this momma's concerns.


Sizes: This totally varies by brand. For the most part he wears 9 month or 6-12 month sizes

Feeding: Liam eats twice a day- usually millet or oatmeal with avocado, sweet potatoes, something green, and flax for his first meal and yogurt with fruit for his second meal- I'm still making all his food and I really enjoy it. He has about 6 bottles a day eating about 8 oz in the morning and at bedtime and 4 oz for all the others.


Schedule: Unfortunately we did a little back slide in the sleeping department this month. He must have had a growth spurt because he went back to waking up in the middle of the night. Adam has been doing most of the night duty because I have been working a lot. Have I mentioned Adam isn't working right now? He quit his job in January and has been staying home with Liam. He starts a new job in August. It has been so good for him to be with Liam all day. I think it will impact his parenting forever. Most days, he loves it. Anyway, so sleeping has not been as good this month. Liam takes 2-3 naps a day. The first one is about 1.5 hours after he wakes up then again about 1pm. Then he gets tired again at 5 so we usually go for a walk around then and he snoozes on the way to the park or is at least happy in the stroller. When he wakes up between 7 and 8am I get up with him and make my coffee and feed him a bottle. Then we usually play and watch morning talk shows (Kelly and Michael then the Today Show) then Liam will go down for a nap. We do solids after the nap then play more but I start to be productive on whatever for the day. :) Then nap again, then food, then play. He gets a bath at 6:30 and is asleep by 7:30-8.


Like Mommy: Liam likes to wake up in the mornings slowly and cuddle a little.


 Watering was apparently way too tiring for this baby



 My college roommate Kimberly Chalk adopted a precious baby from Ethiopia, so Jessica Golden, Liam and I helped welcome them home at the airport


Like Daddy: Liam loves it when Adam throws him in the air or takes risks I don't like. :) He gets a gigantic smile.


Biggest Challenge: Definitely nights. I know Adam is tired and so am I.

Mommy's Favorite: I love it when he really gets giggling. I hope I remember that noise for the rest of my life. I also love his fat little feet and hands.


Daddy's Favorite: When you pick Liam up, he grabs around your neck and sticks his face in it. Like, "thank you for getting me up, I'm holding on!"

Liam is so happy and an absolute joy. Every month I think is my favorite age. He is just precious and our hearts are full.

No comments: