Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Bring It


I have been hesitant to write this post because I thought it would bring finality to the fact that I AM running this half marathon. Putting it in the blog world keeps me much more accountable than I would like to be. But, I am registered and it's official. March 21st. We're going to have a crowd. Those running from my fam are: Rachel, Chris, Dad, Adam, Aunt Jenny, and me. Andrew is a maybe, Uncle Mitch and Mom will be cheering. Adam and I are up to 6 miles and feeling pretty good. Knock on wood. Hopefully we will increase our mileage again today. I'll keep you updated on our progress. I'm excited for a fun weekend with my family in Atlanta. I just have to get trained enough that I can function after the race. I'm not asking to feel good. Just as if I can talk properly.

4 comments:

Emily said...

Good luck, Sarah! I am really inspired. Did you run a lot growing up? I've never run, but a race like that would be a great goal to work towards. Keep up the hard work, and I'll be cheering for you in Tennessee!

Wynne Elder said...

sarah, that is awesome! you can totally do it - do you remember me in cross country at vangaurd? always the last one, hated it & I ran in my first half marathon this fall! you are going to love it and do fantastic. so fun you have so many family members doing it. what a great time! keep us posted on your training.

Anonymous said...

nice! you took the leap and are now committed via the blogosphere. Big step. Unfortunately, I ran yesterday and it didn't feel so good...

Unknown said...

okay, Sarah---bring it on!!!! I just finished a strong 10 mile run. And always my goal is to not puke!!!
so excited to be joining you all in Atlanta!