Dad and I had a wonderful time in North Dakota. It was COLD, but we survived and lived to tell about it. Frigid is a way of life there. Everyone has automatic starts on their cars and you go from warm car to garage to warm house or restaurant or where ever you may be headed. We got to see all kinds of family. It was a relaxing trip. My grandparents are doing wonderfully. They will be 94 next month. Pretty unbelievable. When they retired they saved for about 20 years. Well, they have been going strong for about 20 more years than they anticipated. They hold a very special place in my heart. I have lots of pictures of them, but for some reason they look old in the pictures and I know they would not appreciate them being shared. :) They look wonderful in real life. Grandma was telling us it is hard for them to believe they will be 94. She said she feels 70. I hope I feel the same way if I ever make it that long!
We spent a lot of time at Villa Maria where they live. We usually went twice a day. We also got to spend some good quality time with my aunt Sue and uncle John. Sue and I went to 2 classes at her gym. Thanks Sue! My cousins and other aunt and uncle live there too and we had a great time seeing them. The picture is dad with my cousin Greg's youngest, Johanna. Dad is very proud she would come to him as she is very attached to her mother. He for sure wanted a picture to prove it. We got her smiling but dad's eyes were closed. Typical. She did really think dad was funny though. Despite the -30 degrees, we had a great time. Thanks for letting us come! We miss you guys already!
1 comment:
Sarah--I am so excited that you are so near to Northside. I will definitely let you know when John arrives!!
Post a Comment