I love trying new recipes and especially like suggestions so I know they are good. And let me tell you this recipe was good. I found it on
Kelly's blog and she got it
here. Adam loved it too. All the vegetables are in it, so I didn't even have to make anything else. I will be making this for everyone who has a new baby. Be warned. :)
Sue's Baked Ziti with Turkey Sausage and Spinach
- 1 package Jenny-O Hot Turkey Italian Sauasge (1 Pound Or More)
- 1 whole Medium Onion
- 3 cloves Garlic Chopped
- 1 can Peeled And Diced Tomatoes (28 Oz)
- ⅓ cups Pesto Sauce
- 1 box Ziti Or Penne Pasta, Cooked, 16 Ounce Package
- 8 cups Baby Spinach
- 6 ounces, weight Mozzarella Cheese, Cubed
- 1 cup Grated Parmesan, Divided
Squeeze sausage meat from casings. Add to a large pan over medium-high heat along with the onion and garlic. Cook until sausage is cooked through, breaking up the meat as you cook. Once the sausage is browned, add tomatoes and their juice to the pan. Simmer sauce for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until slightly thick. Stir in pesto. Season with salt and pepper.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a large glass casserole dish with cooking spray.
Combine cooked pasta, spinach, mozzarella and 1/3 cup Parmesan in a large bowl. Add the tomato sauce and stir. Transfer to baking dish and sprinkle the remaining parmesan over the top. Bake for about 30 minutes until bubbly.
1 comment:
hey sarah! so funny!! i remember sending that hot chocolate with clint - wow, that was a long time ago. isn't it the best hc ever?! so glad you're enjoying making it now :) & thanks for saying hi! clint says hi, too!!
ps: we're having that ziti tonight & i'm SO excited!!
Post a Comment