Thursday, March 25, 2010

Half Marathon

I will interrupt my Italy chronicling to give a half marathon report. First of all, we finished faster than this time says because we started pretty far back in the corrals. We had microchips in our shoes that gave us our exact time. We did a 12:17 pace. Rachel, Adam, and I ran together the whole race. Rachel and I agreed this race was much better than any others we have done. I think it was because we ran slower. Adam did a great job too. He's obviously much faster than I am and could really take off but he is a loving husband and decided to the the training and race as quality time. I love him! My aunt Jenny and Uncle Mitch came too and we had a great time with them and Mom and Dad. We laughed a lot! I love when everyone comes to town because I get to try all new nice restaurants too! The weekend was wonderful and I am sad everyone had to leave. We need to do it again! Our now annual Eelkema girls New York City trip is in 3 weeks and we are doing another race then. Look out!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Ooh, where did you guys go out to eat? I love hearing about new places. Yum!