Adam and I leave for Europe on Friday and today is my last day to pack. I work 12 hour shifts Wednesday and Thursday. So what do I choose to do? Well not much. I just really hate packing. Instead I'm sitting on the couch blogging and watching the movie New in Town. Sounds logical right? Adam's class got canceled today, so we lounged and watched the snow. Well, I went to the woman doctor for my annual at 7:50 this morning. Isn't that so early to go to the doctor? Then I got back in bed when I got home. We were supposed to run 9 miles today but didn't due to the aforementioned snow. We were lazy instead. We did go get stuff to pack for our Italy friends from their parents though, so I feel a little more prepared for the trip after that.
The Bachelor finale last night. Wow. Rough choice Jake. Let's see how long he lasts with Vienna. I'm guessing not long after he figures out he won't have any friends because no one likes her. She abrasive. Whatever. He'll see in time. I'm not much of a Jason and Molly fan, but I'm sure I will watch the wedding. Well I guess I will DVR it because we will be in ITALY!
Colby is still injured. In case your forgot, he got a thorn in his foot at our ranch in Texas over Thanksgiving. Yes, that was a long time ago. He started limping Friday night so I got totally freaked out. Turns out he just had an acorn stuck between his toes on his hurt foot and couldn't get it out because we had his Elizabethan collar on so he wouldn't lick his wound. That was making him limp. Once we got that out he was fine. But I still wanted it checked since it has been so long since the injury. Adam took him to the vet Saturday morning while I worked. Colby is back on antibiotics and got the wound cultured. We're waiting to hear back as to if we will switch antibiotics. I am so ready to get this behind us. It literally hurts me to see him hurting. I can't imagine when we have kids. Rachel was lucky enough to get the brunt of my panic attack and is graciously watching him the first weekend we are gone then Susan is taking over after that. I'm so thankful for both of you!
My grandma turned 94 the day before yesterday. My grandpa's birthday is at the beginning of the month, so he likes to joke about how much younger she is. Well grandpa, she caught you. Now you can share 94. I hope I'm as lucky as them to have Adam at 94. I love them more than words could ever express.
Don't forget about Street GRACE! I really hate soliciting for money, but I feel very strong about this ministry and want to help. The link is in the side bar. Thanks!
Well, I think that is about all my thoughts for now. I should not update again before we leave because frankly I don't have time. We will update from Italy once we get there. So excited!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment