
Plaza outside the Vatican Museum. The courtyard was so pretty. We sat outside for a long time just taking it all in.

This is how we looked most of the time with the tour book out. We were total tourists. The book gave us good information about the paintings so we felt like we could appreciate it more.

This was Adam's favorite painting. I don't remember why. Ask him, he can tell you.
We ended in the Sistine Chapel, which was incredible, but we couldn't take pictures. No Rachel, I didn't take a covert picture. I'm a rule follower. Up next is St. Peter's Basilica. Gorgeous.
We climbed to the top of St. Peter's. Whoa. I am afraid of heights. The guide book said, "narrow stairs, not good if claustrophobic". Let me tell you, that is a major understatement. It was tiny. Adam touched both sides most of the time and had to duck. The view was worth it though. Like 500 stairs too. No elevator for us! We're hard core. Excuse the ugly picture. And outfit.
This is view from the top of St. Peter's square. I loved the statues lining the whole thing. We could see so much of Rome.The inside of the basilica which is all mosaic. I remember making mosaics in art in high school and it could take 2 weeks to make a square foot masterpiece. I can't imagine how long this took. Not to mention, it is really, really high. Terrifying .
Front of St. Peter's. Again, we sat in the square to take in the scenery. The Vatican was incredible and should be added to the must see list of everyone.
1 comment:
Did you find the Vatican to be terribly obnoxious with the amount of art they own that the Pope statues that out number those of Jesus? That place is massive. We spent a day there and basically had to run to try and see everything!
Post a Comment