Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Lately

I love traveling. I am just the opposite of most people. I love time in airports and long plane rides. They give me an excuse to read or do nothing. Listen to music. Close my eyes. Just relax. So many people get stressed and frustrated by delayed flights. Why? Are you really in that big of a hurry? I don’t want to hurry my way through life. Being late to something is entirely different. I hate to be late. It feels so rude. And I think it is rude. Being late says your time is more important than whoever is sitting waiting for you. But, this post is not about being late. It’s about traveling. I really love it.

This weekend Rachel graduated from law school in Tulsa, OK. She prefers to be called Rachel Lundeen, esquire, now. I promise she does. Please always call her that. We are very proud of her and all that she has accomplished. And law school is a big one. Now, she’s diligently studying for the bar exam in July. Sounds awful to me.


We also had a good Mother’s Day together. Rachel found some good brunch spots, so we could enjoy our time before we headed off in our different directions. We sure ate great in Tulsa! Rachel did a fabulous post here about my mom. Oh so true. Here’s a picture of what I made my mom and Vickie for Mother’s Day. They were really fun to make! I can't flip my mom's. Sorry.


I had my teeth cleaned and found my first cavity this week. I knew this day would come back wanted it to be a little later. I must say, the filling wasn't nearly as back as I thought it would be. I'm glad I could have it done in Waco too instead of Atlanta. I just can't give up my dentist yet. I have tried but keep going back.


I’m in the Dallas airport now, headed back to the real world. Work starts for me again tomorrow. It has been an awesome vacation. I’m sad to leave my family, but I will see them again in about 2 weeks for Adam’s graduation and ordination. I keep hearing over and over again in my head the song, “Back to life, back to reality.” Until next time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you get bling in your mouth, or enamel-colored? You might as well get a grill next time. I hear Dr. Starr just got certified in grill installation.

Love,
Rachel Lundeen, Esquire (which, let's be honest, is just a placeholder until The Honorable)

Unknown said...

ha ha, rachel...

Unknown said...

Good post. We did eat well. I couldn't be prouder of both my girls.Dad