Don't mind the no make-up I just woke up and stayed up way too late picture, but I wanted to blog about this trip, even though it was a while ago. We spent a weekend away with our friends who Adam graduated from seminary with. It was a ministry support weekend, so everyone there is currently serving in the ministry. Let me tell you, I miss these girls (and some husbands :)). I'm not one who enjoys big groups of friends or lots of acquaintances. Throughout my whole life, I have a small group, a couple of incredibly loyal and devoted friends. So with that, I don't make friends super easily and have very deep friendships with the ones I have. I'm not good at chit-chat or shallow stages of friendships before they progress. These were my chosen few for the 3 years we had in seminary. Well I wasn't in seminary and only a couple of my friends were. The others were wives. However, with our husbands in ministry, so are we by the nature of it. Anyway, we rented a cabin in Pigeon Forge, TN, and convened there from GA, NC, VA, and SC. We laughed a lot, cried some, shared joys and sorrows and struggles, prayed for one another, talked until 3am in a hot tub (so not like my 10pm bedtime self), hiked, ate, walked, played games, and laughed some more. It was memories for a lifetime and I hope we do it every year. Good for the soul.
Some had already left by this picture.
I miss these friends more than I ever imagined.
1 comment:
This was an AWESOME weekend. I am so thankful for all of you!!!
Post a Comment