Thursday, March 19, 2009

Random Thought

A guy today stood at my pharmacy window talking about his medicines and we were joking about something then he replied with "Yeah I mean I know right?" in a valley-girlish voice. Maybe I am extremely slow or just unappreciative of the comment but I don't get it. I have heard the phrase increasingly in the last couple weeks. What does it mean? I guess we are all left the ponder the same. Yeah I mean I know right? (imagine my saying it while chewing gum and twirling my hair in the body of a 15 year old)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's just another way that Tina Fey has left her hilarious mark on the world. It is a quote from the movie "Mean Girls." I know I'm not that hip, but I would call it an expression of corroboration. Like saying, "yes, I get what you're saying."

Example:
SARAH: "Rachel, I can't believe your NCAA bracket is so much better than mine!"
RACHEL: "I know, right?"