Wednesday, April 29, 2009

What?

One of the perks of being a pharmacist is people bringing you gifts. Usually in the dessert genre and around the holidays. I have one lady who buys things buy 1 get 1 free and gives me the free one. She doesn't really get it that you can get just 1 half price. Another brings peanuts. Whatever. I enjoy it. Well today I got the strangest gift. I was a little busy and a guy dropped off 4 prescriptions right after a lady dropped off 3. I was by myself so I told him 15-20 minutes. He responded, "How about I give you a gift to do it faster?" Whatever. So he brings me a rug. Yep. You read that right. A oriental rug. It's about the size of a welcome mat. Ok. Thanks sir.

On another note, my friend Jessica wrote a hilarious blog about pharmacy. Seriously read it. I am not kidding you, this happens every single day. Not all one person, sometimes each person does at least one. However, sometimes you have that fabulous customer who follows exactly this. Please read it. You will be more sympathetic to me when I get off work. On a brighter note, I do think I have developed better patience. Some days more so than others.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jess' blog was really funny! What about the crying children with the abusive mothers yelling at you at the counter? However, I would like to defend the common public. Sometimes we are just sure of the pharmacists intelligence...and they usually do know where the bread is.

And very nice of the man to give you a rug...