Wednesday, July 29, 2009

22 to 0

I am frustrated. I know it's silly. I get that. When we got home from the beach two weeks ago, I had 22 new and growing tomatoes. I was really excited because I had already picked and eaten over 20 and I thought that was it for the season. We bragged about how we have city squirrels and they don't know what an urban garden is. Spoke too soon. I must admit, I blamed Derby, the Golden Retriever we were dog sitting at first...sorry Susan and Jonathan. But Derby left and I lost the last 2 tomatoes. Are you kidding me? So, the learning curve has caught up and no more tomatoes for me. Adam suggests chicken wire. We'll see. I don't even have any more buds right now. If I get some, I will see about what to try. That is if they live long enough for me to survey my options. Sad day.