Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Garden Update


I'm quite proud of my little garden, I must admit. This first bed's credit goes only to mom. She got all the flowers and planted them. The flowers I planted first did not make it. They got attacked by bugs and were demolished. This have done very very well. Thanks mom!

Both of these are basil. I am going to make some pesto maybe today. I think it looks so good! My cilantro and mint are done. They were really good during their seasons though.

I got about 20-25 tomatoes this year! Yea! I was so excited about them. Most have been picked and we can't eat them fast enough. They are good and so fun to grow them myself! Squirrels didn't get them or anything. Adam's theory is that theses are "city" squirrels and not very smart to urban gardens. I'm buying it.


Lastly, this is not a very good picture but my porch pots are doing fairly well. They die when we got out of town and I have to work really hard to revitalize them, but I take it as a challenge. :) My impatiens on the front porch are still living too. I forgot to take a picture of them.

Obviously I have been having fun with our house and experimenting with flowers and vegetables and herbs. Some do well and some die really quickly. There is definitely a learning curve!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i think your experimenting is paying off---good job sar