Rach, I know you hate the old update blogs on normal mundane life but I feel it's necessary for the Christmas break. SO, you can grin and bear it or you can just check out. Your choice. Here's where you tune out...
Christmas in Waco was very different. We didn't abide by any of our traditions- no cornish game hens, no Christmas decorations, no angel tree, no fudge, no fire while we opened gifts, Chris wasn't Santa on Christmas Eve (we open gifts Christmas Eve and Chris always has to hand out gifts but Adam took on the responsibility this year), we didn't go to the Lowder's or the Hobbs', and we were 30 minutes late to church. I will say the late to church was an accident. Dad was sure it started at 6:30.Oops. It was a good Christmas. Just very different (I feel like I should add the words funky and whimsical here because Mom always uses those three words together).
On the road again. My Mom's mom passed away and we had a funeral for her on December 26th in Annapolis. She died a couple weeks earlier and we planned to have a family only service after Christmas. It was a very good service at my cousins' church. I'm so glad I went and my family did a fabulous job putting it together.
In Annapolis we got to spend quite a bit of time with aunts, uncles, and cousins. I am so lucky to have such a wonderful family. I didn't get to spend the time with them when they were in Waco as I would have liked to. I know I can't be the only to feel that way. You have all your family there for your wedding and you can't spend any time with them because every person you love is there at one time. The joys and woes. Anyway, Annapolis was fabulous. We ate, hung out, talked, drank wine, laughed, and cried. Allie, Anna, Kiersten, and I got pedicures yesterday afternoon too. I was telling my aunt Jenny it is so fun to be with cousins now. There is a much smaller age difference between 20 and 27 than there is between 12 and 19. I love getting to know them and hanging out on a friend level. Again, my family rocks. Every last one of them is fun to be around and I would like them even if we didn't share blood. That says a lot.
Now, here I sit at my computer in my PJs watching reruns of the Real Housewives of Atlanta and wishing I were still there. Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night.
1 comment:
for the record, i read it and enjoyed it. good night and good luck.
Post a Comment