We made it. Adam, Colby, and I are safely in Waco. Yes! The trip was good and fairly uneventful. We left yesterday when I got off work at 7 and drove to Jackson, MS. We stayed at a very nice Residence Inn there (thanks Drew!). I had never stayed and one and they are so nice. Really more like apartments. Awesome.
Colby just totally concs out in the car. He starts sleeping when we leave and basically doesn't wake up until we stop with the occational licking with his AWFUL breath. He just likes to remind us he's there. He's a great car rider. I love having an undistracted Adam all to myself in the car. He can't check fantasy football or watch football or research football. He's just with me. I absolutely love it and maybe even like driving now- well Adam doing the driving. I'm so blessed to truly enjoy my husband.
Rachel and Chris fly in tomorrow morning so we're trying to see who draws the short straw and has to go back to Dallas to get them- sorry Rachel and Chris! It's just really hard to get back in the car. It's wonderful to be home. Mom has been gone basically since Thanksgiving with the deaths of her mom then brother-in-law and chemo of the other brother-in-law and Vail trip. I know she enjoys being so mobile and able to be where she is needed but it's exhausting. All that to say, our house isn't decorated for Christmas yet and she started shopping today. Hopefully I can get some decorating done tomorrow so we at least get somewhat in the Christmas spirit. I feel as though it has snuck up on us through all our travels.
We look forward to the togetherness that will come in the next couple of days. Merry Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment