Sunday, December 14, 2008
Vail
Well, it's been a rough trip. We lost our second family member on my mom's side in less than a month. Vail started as a family vacation with my mom getting in Wednesday, Adam and me on Thursday, Dad on Saturday, Rachel on Sunday, and Chris on Tuesday. Now, Adam and I will be alone tomorrow. I tried to get there but my partner could not cover me and I don't get bereavement for an uncle. Sucks. I think I should get bereavement for whoever I feel I need to go to a funeral for. Major downside to working. Mom and I spent a very long day Saturday planning how everyone was going to get there. At one time we had flights ready and on hold for all 6 of us. As time went on and more and more realism set in, we're sending three. It is going to be 48 degrees below zero tomorrow but my dad is making the trek anyway. He should and he wants to. My uncle was a good man and will be dearly missed. Mom and Rachel are stuck in Minneapolis with my Auntie Emily. Hopefully they will get to Grand Forks tomorrow. The rest of the family has made it safely to the negative degree Drayton, ND. So, we continue to hope and pray Mom, Rachel, and Dad and other people still traveling can get there safely. Dad has to drive from Fargo tomorrow in zero visibility. I told him he needs to have major winter gear in the car. If he gets stranded he could die in not much time at all if he's not properly prepared. All these logisitics to say please pray for my family. It is been a really hard last year or so. We have lost too many too early. I will update on skiing and Vail later. It just doesn't seem appropriate now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So sad to hear about your uncle Sarah. And really sad you couldn't be there - work stinks! Who needs prescriptions anyway?? Enjoy your down time in Vail.
Post a Comment