Sunday, December 7, 2008
Thor's Thunder 149 Falls to King Friday 172
My day has come. Praise the Lord!!! Fantasy football has come to a devastating end for Adam. I do have to hear about it all night tonight but at least I know there is a finish line to run towards. I thought this day would never come. Alas, I made it. I get my husband back. I no longer have to listen to 10 minute dialogues about how he should have gotten Adrian Peterson and Chris stole him from Drew out from under him and if only he would have started Peyton and not traded him he would win. If only, if only, if only. It's over. I will no longer have to interrupt him with my own story lines from the Hills just so he can get a minor understanding of what I go through. It is finished. It couldn't have come soon enough.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
ha--Scott plays Fantasy Football too. Yikes. The things we didn't plan for when we decided to marry these men:)
please tell Adam that I would love to teach you all about couponing. It is my new passion--I live such an exciting, thrilling life;)
well, see it all started on draft day, 2008(sarah hosted a live draft cookout at our new house!) If I had not been in such a poor draft position it would have been better. As I'm sure you all know fantasy football drafts are a "snake draft" and i had the 10th pick out of 12 teams, which means i also had the 15th pick. Based on the fact that our league plays 3 wide receivers plus a flex i decided to draft a QB and a WR with my first two picks. well, due to the personnel i also used my 3rd and 4th round picks on wide outs (P. Manning, R. Wayne, A. Boldin, B. Marshall), not bad huh? Thanks. So then I had to focus on running backs. It worked out ok, I guess. See, we are in a keeper league, so trading is at a premium this year. I was fortunate enough to play the waiver wire and free agency well enough that i had some quality depth when the trade deadline began to loom. So i started dealin'...D. Garrard and A. Bolding for L. Fitzgerald (right before Boldin blew up...can't win 'em all), T. Scheffler and K. Curtis for J. Witten, A. Bryant for T. Owens, Philly DST for Fred Jackson, K. Orton and D. McAllister for P. Rivers, P. Manning for G. Jennings and D. Ward, M. Moore and M. Lewis for A. Gates, T. Owens for M. Lynch, M. Lynch and A. Gates for M. Barber. Those deals are all fairly good ones, but only if I could have pulled the deal of the decade for Adrian Peterson..."Purple Jesus"..."All Day"..."AP"..."FF Gold". But, alas, it was not to be. For a friend, a groomsman in my wedding, was to stab me in my proverbial back. He heard murmers of my R. Wayne and T. Hightower for AP deal and he undercut me with an offer of F. Gore, Plaxico Burress and the Bears DST for AP, B. Roethlisberger and the Ravens DST. Can you believe it? Honestly. Plax kinda "shot" that deal didn't he? (for all of you who don't stay up to the minute with sports news, Plaxico is the guy who shot himself in the leg trying to empty his pistol in a nightclub in NYC). So the day has come--pull out the black dress, play the funeral dirge, bow your heads. For a life has been taken too young. What potential! What dreams! What a loss! To King Friday? Thor's Thunder 2008 has lowered its last BOOM and cast its last bolt, for the mighty has fallen. Even though i was playing the only team (out of 12) in the league to outscore me that week for the 4th time it is still a loss. So mourn with me all of those who's hearts are breaking this hour. They fought hard. It was a good run. We are all gonna miss you (except Sarah).
adam
(in lieu of flowers please contribute to the Thor's Thunder 2009 entry fee fund)
Post a Comment