Sunday, June 21, 2009

The Beach

Anyone who calls me friend knows I am not a beach fan. My friends make endless fun of me and tell lots of stories. We were mountain people growing up. Adam's family goes on two beach weeks a summer. One with his dad's side and one with his mom's. When you live in blazing hot Texas why would you go to the hot beach? I even have a shirt from my dear friends called "why I hate the beach". It has numerous valid reasons including: it's hot, too sandy, crowded, sweaty, fishies, etc. The fish really get me. I waded out once this week over my knees and I got crabbed. Yep, my 5 minutes in the water and they couldn't stay away from me. I was pinched, screamed, and got the heck back to my beach chair. Seriously, could they not let me at least try to enjoy it??? That was my one trip to the water for the week. I must say I tried very hard to make this an enjoyable experience. I bought bathing suits for one. I wanted full coverage no hanging out of this badunkadunk I have been "blessed" with. I just don't like swimsuits. Next I brought lots of good books. I had snacks and cokes. A new beach towel. I was ready. Success. I had a great time. I went out early, came in for lunch, then stayed out to sunset. Jessica and Christy are you proud? Props please! Adam was a really good sport and took lots of walks with me when it got too hot. Great week with a great family. The Ringgolds are a fun bunch and I am so blessed to be a part of this family! I look forward to many more years.

1 comment:

LB said...

Sarah--I agree about the coverage. I bought a bathing suit with a skirt this year, and I love it. I feel so nice and secure in it.