Thursday, October 15, 2009
Girls and our issues
I had an interesting experience a couple of weeks ago. Adam for some reason didn't want me to share because he was afraid I would offend someone. Well, I have thought about it for weeks, so I decided to share anyway. I will be vague but you will get the point. I was with friends sitting at a table talking. These are smart, talented, and beautiful, I might add, girls. I am a little intimidated by them even though they are some of my best friends. They looked over at a group of other girls and made comments about how beautiful they were and didn't like being around them because they were intimidated. Why do we live in this endless cycle of insecurity? These are incredible girls I am with and even they see other people and feel lesser. Why do we put ourselves through this? Why do we not see ourselves as beautiful and never measuring up to the next girl? My heart hurt. Like I said, I think about that conversation all the time. It has become my prayer that my friends can see how truly beautiful inside and out they are. And for me too. Our hope is in Jesus and that is what makes us the most beautiful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
A wonderful post, Sarah, and I totally agree with you.
I know I am late on reading & posting a comment...and I have to wonder...was the dinner with me?
The bible studies we have been doing have been wonderful encouragers to me of accepting who God made us to be...our own selves. Thank you for sharing!
Post a Comment