Saturday, October 3, 2009

Guthrie's

We have a Guthrie's not far from my house and I have been avoiding it for the year and 4 months I have lived in Atlanta. Guthrie's is no Breezeway, but it's pretty good. For some reason, my freshman year we built up Guthrie's as if it is the epitome of yumminess. Yes that's a word. So, we saved our Guthrie's for Valentine's day as our extra special no boyfriend or Valentine treat. This was the only year of my life I have thought about food and caloric intake. I was terrified of the freshman 15. You should know I did not gain the freshman 15 but the sophomore 20. Yep. That was fun. So, in a moment of feeling sorry for myself after a very melancholy week for me, I indulged. My stomach hurt before I could finish my "plate". It was awfully good though. I don't even want to know the amount of fat in this baby. Here's to you LB! I thought of you every bite remembering our freshman adventures!

1 comment:

LB said...

Sarah, I loved, loved, loved reading this. Oh man. I was terrified of the freshman 15 as well, and I sure did gain it despite the fear. It wasn't until senior year that I finally lost those freshman pounds!!

Why did we build Guthries up so much? Oh goodness. Please blog other freshman memories; I love remembering it all.