Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Esther


I LOVE my new Beth Moore study on Esther. I’m not a Beth Moore die hard and only do studies by her occasionally but I absolutely love this study. I am totally into it. Some times her stuff gets long and boring to me, but this is totally different. I have always been fascinated with Ester and saw the movie “One Night with the King” which was really good if I remember correctly and it only spurred on my interest. This is a quote from my lesson today that I really like:

“If people around us helped us avoid every possible unpleasantry, fixed every hangnail, and anesthetized every headache for us, we’d quit learning out to deal with difficulty. We’d forget how to cope and we’d crush under the least inconvenience. In daily living, beloved, strength comes from muscle, and muscle develops with a workout. This is as true spiritually as it is physically. What we don’t use, we lose. I’d like to propose that Esther may have had “rank without substance” until now, but her life was about to change…and not because of her appearance.”

I love it. My friend Susan and I are going to listen to the CDs too but we haven’t started yet. I really think it is going to be great.