Well, I have survived and enjoyed my first married Thanksgiving. Adam and I have been in Talbott, TN, since I got off work on Wednesday evening. On Thursday morning, after much much fretting, Rachel suggested I make spinach balls for my first Thanksgiving contribution. Great suggestion. They went over really well. As is the Garner tradition, we enjoyed a fabulous day of friends and fellowship at the Brummetts. A mean game of spoons broke out in the basement after a wonderful Thanksgiving meal. I am thankful for the people there who took me in as if I had always been there. It made my first Thanksgiving away from home much more enjoyable. Don't worry Mom, I still missed you!
Since Thursday, I have been major chilling. I have watched Hairspray, Love Actually, and 3 episodes of Big Love so far. Two more episodes to come for sure. I'm doing our free trial of Blockbuster All Access and it is awesome so far. I have been doing a little reading too but mostly letting my brain relax and be entertained.
And now for the big show. Auburn v Alabama starts in T minus 13 minutes. It's on. I can't wait. I love the time right before kick off when there is still hope. I'm hoping it doesn't fade too quickly. Not optimistic but still cheering for my beloved tigers. They need me now. Christy, I will be joining you in singing the fight song over and over and over. War Eagle!
1 comment:
yeah...i know that feeling of hope...i was sitting in bryant denny stadium at t minus 13 surrounded by bama fans but very optomistic...as you know it went down hill from there. But since I was surrounded by very obnoxious and rude fans, I decided to show them what a real fan is like - I stuck it out for the ENTIRE game...after most AU fans had left. I kept cheering on my boys with encouragment.... I'm about to go blog about this experience...
Post a Comment