Monday, November 10, 2008

Weekend Update

Happy Monday! I can say that because I have today off! :) We had a very eventful weekend- a FULL house! Adam and I have officially slept in 4 rooms in our house. Considering we only have 5 total, that's pretty good! My cousins Jeff and Jenn came to town on Thursday. Then, my mom and dad came in on Friday evening. I had to work Friday, so I picked up my parents when I got off and we met Jeff, Jenn, and Adam for dinner. Saturday morning, Adam, Jenn, Dad, and I ran the "Strong Legs" 10K. The name was true to the race, you really needed strong legs to get up those hills! Surprisingly it went really well. I'm very very happy to have made it and even ran the whole race! Then my parents went to Auburn Homecoming and we hung out in Atlanta. We had a great weekend of laughing. Our house is now empty as everyone left this morning. We miss you already!

I really do love being busy, but sometimes I wonder if life will ever slow down?! We ALWAYS have something going on. Orlando last weekend, company this weekend, and Tulsa next weekend. We don't ever want to miss out but at the same time I think we need to be better about taking time for ourselves. We are so lucky at this stage in our lives because although I work 40 hours a week, I get a couple days off a week. And, Adam is in school so he also has some time off during the day. I use that as my excuse to recharge so we can still see lots of friends and family. I know we won't always be so lucky. When we have a family- in a very long time- we are going to have to be more protective of down time. I guess there will be another time for that. As for tonight, off to dinner with Lauren and Charlie. I guess taking it easy will just have to be set aside for later again...

1 comment:

Rachel said...

wish I could have come this weekend! Glad you had fun, Prefontaine.