That's what I get for marrying an inclusive and fun guy. Adam and I planned to have a small get together on New Year's Eve after I worked. I knew I would be tired and it is an awful day in the pharmacy world. I wanted to have a low key night. Well, we invited 7 people over for New Year's. After Adam sent the invitation text message (I know so not cool) and we thought we were finished. Well after a few hours went by Adam started getting numerous text messages about this party we were throwing and could they come. "Not a party folks" is what I wanted to scream. Just a get together. Well, we can't nor did we want to tell people they could not come to our house so instead we included everyone or asked. Twenty-one people later, we celebrated New Years.
I have to admit, I was totally dreading it. I'm not one for big groups. Adam and I are opposite. I like small groups and in depth conversation and Adam likes lots and lots of people and flitting about the room. Not my style. I do have to admit though, the party was really fun. We had a good group and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.
Lauren and Charlie spent the night in our guest room so we had a full out slumber party- dogs and all. On New Years Day, no lie, Adam, Charlie, and Lauren played a game that lasted 6 hours. Wow, so glad I didn't play. Then they played again. We are really big in the game Settlers of Catan and they got the new expansion/new game package for Christmas. Of course they had to try it out. It was a hit!
Happy 2009!
No comments:
Post a Comment