Sunday, January 4, 2009

Our house

Here are my favorite things about our house. Well, not actually OUR house because we rent but none the less here they are:

1. The fireplace. I love it. Adam has had a fire going when I get home almost every night since October. It's fabulous. I love how it smells when I pull up the house and seeing in our living room.

2. Our back yard. First and foremost because it is soooo easy with Colby. All I have to do is open the door and he runs out and does his duties. Secondly because of our deck. We eat every meal out there when it is warm and some even when it's cold. We had a New Year's party and had a bonfire out there. Very cool.

3. It's a house. I was so dang sick of living in an apartment. Just bored with it. I had been in an apartment for 8 years. Wow, that's too long.

4. Space. So much more room for us to spread out. We have lots of storage too with a basement and an attic. Small closets but that's ok. Adam spends more time on the yard and the basement than in the house.

I have many more but that's all for now. I need to post some pictures. I'll take some and do it later.

3 comments:

LB said...

I was just about to say, please post pictures. Though maybe I can see it in person soon. Not this week but the next? What's your schedule like?

Emily said...

I love your home! It is so homey and the fireplace is great. I hope the red couch and the cute Ikea lamps make the cut next time. Happy New Year!

Sarah W. said...

After having lived in apartments for a long time, I, too, was so happy to have a house....so I know the feeling. Yours seems wonderful!!!!!