Friday, January 16, 2009
Redone Furniture
I'm not good at refinishing and don't at all claim to be. But, I am very proud of this. Lauren and Charlie found this nasty old thing by the dumpster and asked if we wanted it. I was hesitant thinking it would just sit in our basement, but Adam needed somewhere for all his clothes. It was a seventies piece with those old gold pulls with all those frilly things on them and a gross brown laminate. So, we cleaned it, painted it, and added different Anthropologie nobs. It used to have double pulls on it, so Adam filled in the old ones and drilled knew ones. I really wish I would have taken a before picture. It looks like a whole knew dresser. I think it's awesome and am very proud of us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Very cute!!
Rock on for dumpster diving! See...I do read your blog!
Whoops...Lauren, posting as Charlie.
Post a Comment