Saturday, January 10, 2009

Snowshoes


I haven't talked about this activity in Vail yet and I really intended to. So, I had snowshoed by myself before because we only had 1 pair of snowshoes. Well, Rachel ordered 3 pairs for our trip in December. We had anticipated all participating one day together so we needed more. Trip plans changed and Adam and I were alone for a while so we adventured out on the golf course behind our house. Let me tell you folks, it was awesome. I may give up skiing entirely now. I LOVED it. I enjoy skiing, don't get me wrong, but it's kind of wearing on me. I have lately prefered one day of skiing and three days by the fire reading. But, I really enjoy snowshoeing. For one, you don't have to put on all those layers of close and lug your skis around. For two, you just walk out your back door. You still get the fabulous scenery and being outside but without the fuss of everything else. I may be a convert.

3 comments:

Emily said...

I've always wanted to try snow shoeing. Skiing still scares me, but I think I can handle this. I'd love to try it in a few weeks (and I'm with you on the reading by the fire, too!)

Jill the Thrill said...

Last New Years Eve, when we got snowed in, we decided to snowshoe out your back door and I'm pretty sure that was my favorite thing we did all week! (well that and speed scrabble) But i'm right there with you on the love for snowshoeing.

Rachel said...

Dude, this morning I found a new snowshoe trail. Turn right out the back door and hike UP that little portion of Gore Mtn. The lactic acid will be boiling in the thigh area, but the mountain opens up on top and there is some rockin' scenery. And trudging down hole 8 across the street isn't terrible either. Buck likes it and I think Colbmeister could dig it...